RECIPE | World’s Tastiest Fish Dish
I was hungover when I was first introduced to this fish dish. It was the morning after a raucous wedding and Hubby and I were having a full, grilled breakfast with friends. I mentioned I was cooking for some close friends the following week and it was then, in that moment that a wonderful friend suggested a dish she’d encountered; a fish recipe. It has morphed over the past ten years and been tweaked here and there and now, finally, it’s ready to be sent out into the world to change lives!
It is super-fast and easy to prepare. It tastes delicious and it’s packed with goodness. What’s not to love?
(To feed a family of 4/5)
- Large Oven Dish
- Fish – Enough, so that the bottom of your large oven dish is covered with meaty fish, you’ll know how much is enough to feed your family. Skinned and boned. I use whatever white fish is available: Cod loin, cod fillet, haddock, pollock, coley.
- Cherry Tomatoes – approx 350g
- Fine Green Beans – approx 150g
- Fresh Basil – 3 or 4 handfuls. The more the better.
- Fresh Mozzarella – 5 packs approx (though this depends on the size of your dish, I always get extra and then accidentally eat the leftovers with a few basil leaves and a glass of red wine as I’m washing up. Oops!)
- Salt and Pepper
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with some kitchen roll. Fill the base of your oven dish with the fish pieces and then season well with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Scatter a fine layer of green beans on top of the fish then cover with a layer of fresh basil leaves.
- Halve your cherry tomatoes and then layer these on top of the basil leaves. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper and then add another layer of fresh basil leaves.
- Finally, top with thick slices of fresh mozzarella so that the entire dish is covered.
- Put in a pre-heated oven (190 C) for around 30-40 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Serve with some warmed chunky bread or lashings of garlic bread – this is needed to mop up all the delicious juice that you’ll find at the bottom of the dish once you’ve served up.
Brands We Love
Thanks for reading this post, we hope that you enjoyed it. You can follow Girl About Blog Squad by clicking in the links below – keep up to date with Girl About news and Reviews.
Share this Article
Share it on your own social media channels or with friends
I’m a primary school teacher and I’m a mum to a beautiful, bright and bubbly six-year-old. I witness the ups and downs of wellbeing in children every day. Every parent faces the same dilemma – how to ensure the wellbeing of our children – particularly from a mental health perspective in a world that is more pressured than ever in more ways than one.
After eating at a Barburrito restaurant in Manchester a few weeks ago I have been fixated on Mexican food and recreating the meal that I had in the closest way possible. I was worried that either this would drastically fail or that it would be ridiculously high in calories but I was so wrong! It’s actually amazingly close to the ‘real deal’ and comes in at around 400 calories per serving!
A year to the day and myself, my husband and our two children were midway through our 10th Wedding Anniversary trip of a lifetime to Sri Lanka and now this incredibly beautiful and captivating little country is in mourning.
Emma Stirk is a Business Success Coach and Legal strategist for small businesses, she left her corporate career as a high flying solicitor to set up her own business and has never looked back! Emma is passionate about empowering women to identify their purpose and goals, plan and strategise their next career or business move and create a positive, strong and confident mindset with high performance strategies to increase productivity and efficiency so you can work less, achieve more, and make burnout and overwhelm a thing of the past!