RECIPE | World’s Tastiest Fish Dish
I was hungover when I was first introduced to this fish dish. It was the morning after a raucous wedding and Hubby and I were having a full, grilled breakfast with friends. I mentioned I was cooking for some close friends the following week and it was then, in that moment that a wonderful friend suggested a dish she’d encountered; a fish recipe. It has morphed over the past ten years and been tweaked here and there and now, finally, it’s ready to be sent out into the world to change lives!
It is super-fast and easy to prepare. It tastes delicious and it’s packed with goodness. What’s not to love?
(To feed a family of 4/5)
- Large Oven Dish
- Fish – Enough, so that the bottom of your large oven dish is covered with meaty fish, you’ll know how much is enough to feed your family. Skinned and boned. I use whatever white fish is available: Cod loin, cod fillet, haddock, pollock, coley.
- Cherry Tomatoes – approx 350g
- Fine Green Beans – approx 150g
- Fresh Basil – 3 or 4 handfuls. The more the better.
- Fresh Mozzarella – 5 packs approx (though this depends on the size of your dish, I always get extra and then accidentally eat the leftovers with a few basil leaves and a glass of red wine as I’m washing up. Oops!)
- Salt and Pepper
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with some kitchen roll. Fill the base of your oven dish with the fish pieces and then season well with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Scatter a fine layer of green beans on top of the fish then cover with a layer of fresh basil leaves.
- Halve your cherry tomatoes and then layer these on top of the basil leaves. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper and then add another layer of fresh basil leaves.
- Finally, top with thick slices of fresh mozzarella so that the entire dish is covered.
- Put in a pre-heated oven (190 C) for around 30-40 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Serve with some warmed chunky bread or lashings of garlic bread – this is needed to mop up all the delicious juice that you’ll find at the bottom of the dish once you’ve served up.
Brands We Love
Thanks for reading this post, we hope that you enjoyed it. You can follow Girl About Blog Squad by clicking in the links below – keep up to date with Girl About news and Reviews.
Share this Article
Share it on your own social media channels or with friends
I’m a primary school teacher and I’m a mum to a beautiful, bright and bubbly six-year-old. I witness the ups and downs of wellbeing in children every day. Every parent faces the same dilemma – how to ensure the wellbeing of our children – particularly from a mental health perspective in a world that is more pressured than ever in more ways than one.
GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR HIM | He’ll love this immersive Crime Scene Investigation Experience in Yorkshire
Anyone who fancies themselves a bit of a sleuth. If you’re an armchair detective and work out “whodunnit” before Poirot even twiddled his moustache or love watching real crime documentaries then this CSI Experience in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire is for you. Vouchers don’t have to be bought in pairs but I would say that to get the most out of the experience you’d be best off going with likeminded, crime-fighting friend.
If you love food and don’t know Sheffield very well then the Kelham Island Food Tour could be the one for you. It’s a great way to spend an afternoon, filled with many tasty delights whilst discovering new places around the much loved industrial part of town. The first time I ventured away from my city-centre haunts was shortly after finishing uni, when we discovered the Fat Cat pub and (more importantly) £2 pints of ale. It dumbfounded us that we’d never even heard of this part of town, so finding such an amazing place to drink after four years living in Sheffield was quite a late discovery!
I am a pub girl through and through and a glutton for a good, hearty menu. Forever hunting out new locations to catch up with my friends or to go for lunch with the family, so was super excited to discover this little gem situated in the beautiful Sutton.