RECIPE | Mexican Chicken Burrito Bowl – just 400 calories per serving!
After eating at a Barburrito restaurant in Manchester a few weeks ago I have been fixated on Mexican food and recreating the meal that I had in the closest way possible. I was worried that either this would drastically fail or that it would be ridiculously high in calories but I was so wrong! It’s actually amazingly close to the ‘real deal’ and comes in at around 400 calories per serving!
So for the marinade you will need:
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tbs of olive oil (or you can use a few sprays of fry light if you prefer)
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp of garlic granules
- 1 tsp of onion granules
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of chilli
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
For the salad you will need:
- 1 packet of rocket
- 1 packet of microwavable wholegrain rice
- Pickled gherkins
- ½ a tin of refried beans
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- Sprinkling of coriander
- Mix all herbs and spices for the marinade together with the olive oil and coat over the chicken. Leave this in the fridge for at least half an hour (the longer the better).
- Pre-heat your oven to 180.
- Whilst the chicken is marinating prep your salad. Add any other of your salad favourites!
- Mix your chickpeas into your refried beans.
- Cook chicken at 180 for 25-30 minutes.
- Once cooked, slice into thin strips and place onto your salad.
- Finish with a sprinkling of coriander and some grated cheese if you fancy!
I prepped my chicken the night before so that this was so quick and easy after a long day at work! I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!
Thanks for reading this post, we hope that you enjoyed it. You can follow Girl About Blog Squad by clicking in the links below – keep up to date with Girl About news and Reviews.
Share this Article
Share it on your own social media channels or with friends
I’m a primary school teacher and I’m a mum to a beautiful, bright and bubbly six-year-old. I witness the ups and downs of wellbeing in children every day. Every parent faces the same dilemma – how to ensure the wellbeing of our children – particularly from a mental health perspective in a world that is more pressured than ever in more ways than one.
Sadly, most of my experience of pregnancy has been strongly associated with grief and loss. I have experienced three pregnancies and yet I only have one daughter who I can physically cherish. For me, pregnancy has become a worrying, anxious time with excitement constantly tainted with fear.
Authentic, delicious and independent, Stuzzi offers Italian cuisine in a relaxed, friendly environment. This small eatery in the heart of Harrogate has an almost tangible passion for incredible ingredients and amazing Italian recipes.
Today it’s International Day of the Girl; a UNICEF campaign that, this year marks 25 years of progress for girls. A conference which took place in Beijing in 1994 culminated in devising a policy agenda for the empowerment of women and thankfully, it hasn’t stopped there.