GIRL ABOUT LONDON
Born and bred in Yorkshire, I moved down to London around five years ago for work. I instantly fell in love with the hustle and bustle of the big city and all the socialising that came with it!
I think I spent most of my money in the first twelve months on gin and taxis! Whilst my roots are in Yorkshire, London now feels like home. For the first four years, I lived south of the Thames, but eight months ago I decided to make the move east and have been exploring this area ever since.
When I’m not exploring and socialising, I try to find a healthy balance between the gym and gin, so spend my time alternating between lifting weights or Reformer Pilates classes and then finding the best cocktails in town. Oh, and I love writing!
10 Random Facts About Me
- I started blogging five years ago as a response to the mid-life crisis I thought I was having at 29 years old (oh how we laughed) and I decided to blog about 30 things to do in my 30th year
- I was engaged, married and divorced before I was 29 (this might have had something to do with the mid-life crisis)
- My first paid job was when I was 10 years old; taking part in the official production of ‘Joseph and his Amazing Technicolor Dream-coat’ at Bradford Alhambra. I was cast as part of the choir and had to do four performances a week!
- I had a skiing accident when I was 21 and as a result, I had my coccyx removed. We don’t really need our the tailbones though, so all good!
- I live alone (which in London is an absolute luxury) but I’ve moved into an apartment block that three of my friends live in – so it’s like a modern day British version of Friends
- Speaking of Friends, I pretty much know it all off by heart. My favourite episode is ‘The one where no-one’s ready’. It’s where I learnt my sarcasm and quick witted humour (and also from my Dad, he’s quite funny too)
- I saw the ‘Big Five’ on safari in Namibia and Botswana last year
- In the next couple of months, I’m going to become an Aunty for the first time as my little sister is having a baby! I’m determined to be the best coolest Aunty EVER!
- I have a ‘side’ for pictures and like to walk on the right-hand side of people if we’re walking together (yes, I know it’s weird)
- I’m very passionate about mental health awareness having dealt with anxiety and severe depression this year. But, now I’m finally coming through the other side, I’m keen to use my voice and influence to help others who are having similar experiences. Watch this space.