HEALTHY RECIPE IDEAS | Watermelon, Creamed Feta & Pomegranate Salad
HEALTHY RECIPE IDEAS
Fun fact. I used to be married to a chef. My role when we entertained was to help with presentation. I wasn’t much of a sous chef, but I did pick up a few tips along the way. Luckily this is a simple salad that needs no qualifications to create! It tastes amazing and looks good too! I think i’ll be recreating for a few dinner parties in the future. Keeping it real though, this week, I’ve made it in a batch to have for my dinner this week with some chicken and flatbreads.
This will serve 4/5 people. Just scale up or down depending how many you’re cooking for. For three meals this week I used 100g of feta and 100g cream cheese.
- 200g feta
- 200g cream cheese (I used Philadelphia light)
- 15/20 cherry tomatoes (different types if you can)
- 1 handful of mint
- 1/4 watermelon
- 3 handfuls of rocket/spinach
- Pepper to taste
- Balsamic glaze
- Crumble feta into bowl and add the cream cheese. Mix together and then add to a food processor. Whizz it up really well until it’s light and fluffy. Add some pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Chop cherry tomatoes into halves. Also cut watermelon into bitesize chunks. Mix together in a bowl with the handful of mint.
- Grab plates and place a handful of rocket/spinach on each. Add tomatoes and watermelon mix. Spoon some of the creamed feta mixture into the middle of each of the plates.
- Sprinkle a handful of pomegranate seeds to each and finish off with a squeeze of balsamic glaze.
- Eat and marvel at how tasty, yet simple this dish is.
Other things you could do with creamed feta
- Spread on some toasted ciabatta bread and serve with fresh/roasted tomatoes
- Use in flatbreads with chicken
- Put on crackers with some grapes and quince jelly
- Eat straight out of bowl.
Thanks for reading this post, we hope that you enjoyed it. You can follow Girl About Blog Squad by clicking in the links below – keep up to date with Girl About news and Reviews.
Share this Article
Share it on your own social media channels or with friends
I’m a primary school teacher and I’m a mum to a beautiful, bright and bubbly six-year-old. I witness the ups and downs of wellbeing in children every day. Every parent faces the same dilemma – how to ensure the wellbeing of our children – particularly from a mental health perspective in a world that is more pressured than ever in more ways than one.
GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR HIM | He’ll love this immersive Crime Scene Investigation Experience in Yorkshire
Anyone who fancies themselves a bit of a sleuth. If you’re an armchair detective and work out “whodunnit” before Poirot even twiddled his moustache or love watching real crime documentaries then this CSI Experience in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire is for you. Vouchers don’t have to be bought in pairs but I would say that to get the most out of the experience you’d be best off going with likeminded, crime-fighting friend.
If you love food and don’t know Sheffield very well then the Kelham Island Food Tour could be the one for you. It’s a great way to spend an afternoon, filled with many tasty delights whilst discovering new places around the much loved industrial part of town. The first time I ventured away from my city-centre haunts was shortly after finishing uni, when we discovered the Fat Cat pub and (more importantly) £2 pints of ale. It dumbfounded us that we’d never even heard of this part of town, so finding such an amazing place to drink after four years living in Sheffield was quite a late discovery!
I am a pub girl through and through and a glutton for a good, hearty menu. Forever hunting out new locations to catch up with my friends or to go for lunch with the family, so was super excited to discover this little gem situated in the beautiful Sutton.