HEALTHY RECIPE IDEAS | Watermelon, Creamed Feta & Pomegranate Salad
HEALTHY RECIPE IDEAS
Fun fact. I used to be married to a chef. My role when we entertained was to help with presentation. I wasn’t much of a sous chef, but I did pick up a few tips along the way. Luckily this is a simple salad that needs no qualifications to create! It tastes amazing and looks good too! I think i’ll be recreating for a few dinner parties in the future. Keeping it real though, this week, I’ve made it in a batch to have for my dinner this week with some chicken and flatbreads.
This will serve 4/5 people. Just scale up or down depending how many you’re cooking for. For three meals this week I used 100g of feta and 100g cream cheese.
- 200g feta
- 200g cream cheese (I used Philadelphia light)
- 15/20 cherry tomatoes (different types if you can)
- 1 handful of mint
- 1/4 watermelon
- 3 handfuls of rocket/spinach
- Pepper to taste
- Balsamic glaze
- Crumble feta into bowl and add the cream cheese. Mix together and then add to a food processor. Whizz it up really well until it’s light and fluffy. Add some pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Chop cherry tomatoes into halves. Also cut watermelon into bitesize chunks. Mix together in a bowl with the handful of mint.
- Grab plates and place a handful of rocket/spinach on each. Add tomatoes and watermelon mix. Spoon some of the creamed feta mixture into the middle of each of the plates.
- Sprinkle a handful of pomegranate seeds to each and finish off with a squeeze of balsamic glaze.
- Eat and marvel at how tasty, yet simple this dish is.
Other things you could do with creamed feta
- Spread on some toasted ciabatta bread and serve with fresh/roasted tomatoes
- Use in flatbreads with chicken
- Put on crackers with some grapes and quince jelly
- Eat straight out of bowl.
Thanks for reading this post, we hope that you enjoyed it. You can follow Girl About Blog Squad by clicking in the links below – keep up to date with Girl About news and Reviews.
Share this Article
Share it on your own social media channels or with friends
I’m a primary school teacher and I’m a mum to a beautiful, bright and bubbly six-year-old. I witness the ups and downs of wellbeing in children every day. Every parent faces the same dilemma – how to ensure the wellbeing of our children – particularly from a mental health perspective in a world that is more pressured than ever in more ways than one.
Sadly, most of my experience of pregnancy has been strongly associated with grief and loss. I have experienced three pregnancies and yet I only have one daughter who I can physically cherish. For me, pregnancy has become a worrying, anxious time with excitement constantly tainted with fear.
Authentic, delicious and independent, Stuzzi offers Italian cuisine in a relaxed, friendly environment. This small eatery in the heart of Harrogate has an almost tangible passion for incredible ingredients and amazing Italian recipes.
Today it’s International Day of the Girl; a UNICEF campaign that, this year marks 25 years of progress for girls. A conference which took place in Beijing in 1994 culminated in devising a policy agenda for the empowerment of women and thankfully, it hasn’t stopped there.