JOIN THE BLOG SQUAD – APPLICATION
FROM ME TO WE!
Are you an aspiring blogger but the reality is holding you back?
You love to write, you have life stories to tell and your written English and Grammar is much better than average but when the heck have you got the time to update a blog frequently? You haven’t the foggiest idea how to use WordPress and you think that S.E.O. stands for the Sharp-Edged Object and, let’s face it, there are 99 other aspiring bloggers within a mile’s radius of your house so it’s gunna take some serious time and effort to carve out your little corner on the world wide web.
But you’re probably a mum and/or a career woman and you know you’re relatable, you have stories to tell and advice to give and you want to share all the best bits about the place you’ve chosen to call home to women of a similar age, and with similar interests to you.
If only you had a readymade platform and audience – you know you’d rock at writing your own blog!
If this is you, and you live in Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London and you tick the boxes below, then we want to talk to you!
- To live in the town/city that you want to represent
- To want to write
- To be a bit of a social butterfly
- A sense of humour that is reflected in your writing style
- A very good understanding of written English and Grammar
- *A few spare hours a month to visit wonderful places and review them (free of charge) write recommendations for places to go, things to do and dishes to cook. And an hour or so a month to fully engage in the Girl About Academy online where you’ll get free tutorials and training on content creation, blogging and building your own online presence.
- To be willing to grow your Instagram platform and use it to promote Girl About content
- To love taking photos and have a decent enough phone to take photos on
*Minimum expectation per writer is 2 reviews and/or recommendations per month plus recipes and real-life stories over the course of any year.
- To be the official Girl About in your town or city
- Your own blog platform within the Girl About website
- To write without having to do all time-consuming boring stuff – Girl About HQ will proofread your blog and upload it, we’ll also re-size your images, check its SEO friendly and publish it to a time that suits you. We’ll also market it to our network of over 40,000 female readers across the UK and beyond.
- Access to the GIRL ABOUT ACADEMY – a private Facebook group where you’ll be able to tune into regular 30-long best-practice training sessions on everything from growing your Instagram channel to photography advice, cheat-sheets, invites, opportunities and of course you’ll benefit from the support of the blog squad.
- Freebies – gifts, meals, overnight stays in posh hotels etc
- Complete freedom to review and recommend anywhere you see fit in your area
- An opportunity to tell your personal stories and or/*promote your business via the brand (if we think it brings value to the brand and our readers).
- To be part of the BlogSquad
- An invite to the Girl About Annual Retreat
All you need to do to apply is fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch pronto!
It’s worth reading our ABOUT section which covers Girl About’s MISSION and BRAND VALUES before you consider applying.