There’s nothing I like better than digging out old family photo albums and sitting down flicking through; laughing at the crap outfits and bad haircuts and reminising about the time you pushed the car up the driveway in your birthday suit (aged 3 I should add!) I love having framed photos around the house and quite frankly, this “cloud” that we all trust to guard our treasured snapshots to scares me to death.; Read More
; Read More
Choose Your Location - Where do you live, or where do you want to go?
- RECOMMENDATION | Junkyard Golf Club, Manchester – I love Junkyard Golf Club in Manchester. I may be a grown up but I felt like I could be a big kid in there, but with a cocktail in my hand at all times. It’s really whacky and weird, and we laughed our way around 2 out of 3 golf courses.
- RECOMMENDATION | Odyssey Greek Restaurant – What I like best about Odyssey Greek restaurant is that it genuinely feels like you’re holiday! No mean feat considering the restaurant is actually located in Chesterfield town centre. My husband and I are huge fans of Greece. Between us we’ve ticked off most of the Greek islands and have shared many happy memories there so it’s wonderful to have somewhere that feels like being on holiday on our doorstep. A perfect venue for date night!
- RECOMMENDATION | Bottle and Thyme, Chesterfield – For its size, Chesterfield is surprisingly well served by independent cafés and eateries, but Bottle and Thyme is definitely one of the best. With its rustic, shabby chic decor, you are immediately made welcome by the friendly, well-trained staff. Most importantly, in my book, is that they know how to make a great coffee. Proper baristas mean this is the place for some of the best coffee in Chesterfield. There’s far too tempting a selection of cakes and brownies.
- RECOMMENDATION | GRUB Food Fair, Manchester – When my friend asked me and my family to come along to one of the GRUB food fairs at Fairfield Social Club in Manchester I was a bit apprehensive at first. But now, I can’t wait to go back to the next one. A super cool venue, fantastic food and fun for the kids.
- RECOMMENDATION | Wainhouse Tower, Halifax – If you live in Halifax you’ve probably driven past Wainhouse Tower and not realised that for a few quid you can pay a visit and climb its spiral staircase. It’s “just” 403 steps to the viewing gallery (great leg workout) and there you can take in the stunning sights over Halifax and beyond.
- REAL STORIES | That Girl’s Got Guts – Crohn’s Awareness Week – Flashback to 2008 – Obama‘s been elected president, Britney‘s made one of her many comebacks, Beyoncé and Jay Z have tied the knot and I was merrily going about my life at uni when I was struck down with, what I later came to know as, a “Crohn’s flare up”.
- Our Top 10 | Food & Drink Festivals in Yorkshire – Here are our top ten upcoming Food and Drink Festivals across Yorkshire this summer. From Pub in the Park to family-friendly street food, we’ve got it all.
- REVIEW | Gaucho, Leeds – The thought of a delicious rare steak with my favourite blue cheese all washed down with a full-bodied red was getting me all hot under the collar. Or maybe that was the fact that I was in the early stages of pregnancy…! My dream meal was staying just that. On the plus side, I knew my companion would fully partake in my aforementioned dinner of choice, so it gave me a good opportunity to try out what else was on offer.
- UPCOMING EVENT | White Party at Alexander’s, Skipton – One of Yorkshire’s most in-demand DJs, Luke Pompey, is once again set to headline the Tropical White Party which returns to Skipton’s most exciting bar, Alexander’s, on Friday July 26th.
- REAL STORIES | Our Perfect Imperfections – Just look at these amazingly strong and brave women – in support of Mental Health Awareness Week 2019 – proving just how incredible the human body is, and putting their own self-criticizing demons to one side in favour of some self-loving body positivity.
- REAL STORIES | When It All Goes T*ts Up – My Body Image Battle – Every single day we are met with a shitstorm of images of so-called perfection: perfect lives, perfect bodies, perfect children – all slapped across social media, held up for inspection, critique, adoration, judgement.